Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Get to know your Dnepropetrovsk Hillel amigos!

Il’ya Svidler. Age: 22. Student of Hillel for about 6 years. Activist, fond of video and photography, massage. Fact about myself: “I love Hillel girls!” Study in Dnepropetrovsk National University (Department of Cinema and Photography). “I want to take part in this project because I’m Jewish and I want to make Jewish community in Ukraine better. I also speak good English.”

Yulia Frontovskaya. Age: 23. Student of Hillel for the first year. Volunteer. Fact about myself: “I am fond of history.” Study in Dnepropetrovsk Building Academy. “I want to take part in this project because I would like to communicate with foreign Hillel students.”


Vova Kudryashov. Age: 21. Student of Hillel for 6 years. Work in Hillel as a coordinator of development programs. Graduated Jewish Young Leadership Program “Metsuda” in 2008. Fact about myself: “I am the only vegetarian in Hillel Dnepr.” Study in Dnepropetrovsk National University (Department of Systems and Means of Mass Communication). “I take part in this project because I want to make friendship with Cornell Hillel students, to practice my English and of course because I work at Hillel.”


Nastya Melamed. Age: 19. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Active volunteer in “Shabat Shaulhan Aruh” project. “Taglit Winter 2009” graduate. Fact about myself: “I was a participant of ASB project last year.” “I want to take part in this project because I want to help guys from the US to volunteer in Ukrainian Jewish Community and to show Cornell Hillel students the culture of Ukraine.”


Evgeniy Kogan. Age: 22. Student of Hillel since 2000. Technical administrator of Hillel Dnepr. Leader of “Betar” in Dnepropetrovsk. Graduated Jewish Young Leadership Program “Metsuda” in 2006. Fact about myself: “I can see music.” Graduated from College of Metal Welding in Dnepropetrovsk. Student of Dnepropetrovsk National University (Department of Physics, Electronics and Computer Systems). “I want to take part in this project because I love to spend my time with use and fun.”


Daniil Lytvyn. Age: 18. Student of Hillel Dnepr for 2 years. Work in Hillel Dnepr as a PR coordinator. “Taglit Winter 2009” graduate. Fact about myself: “I celebrated my last year birthday in New York City. I hope we will celebrate it together in Ukraine.” I study in Dnepropetrovsk National University (Department of Economics). “I took part in ASB project last year. I want to do this again because it’s a great chance to exchange experience with foreign students, to do good for Jewish life and to make strong friendship between Cornell and Dnepr Hillel students.”


Tolik Aleksandrov. Age: 22. Student of Hillel for 3 years. Volunteer of Hillel Dnepr. As volunteer work with children with paralysis. Graduated Jewish Young Leadership Program “Metsuda” in 2006. Fact about myself: “I like to draw, I don’t like to sing, I try to be jolly.” Study in Dnepropetrovsk College of Sport (Department of Thai Boxing). “I want to take part in this project to show American students Ukrainian culture.”


Anna Sokolenko. Age: 23. Student of Hillel for 1 year. Volunteered in Youth Shabaton as Madrich. Fact about myself: “I have been dancing since 6 years old.” “I want to take part in this project because this is my first experience of volunteering with foreign students.”


Oleg Glezer. Age: 20. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Activist, volunteer. Fact about myself: “I am member of unofficial soccer fan club. I love sport and music.” Graduated from Dnepropetrovsk Jewish School. “I would like to take part in this project because it’s always interesting to communicate with young people from different countries and to volunteer together.”


Lea Kudrina. Age: 29. Student of Hillel for 11 years. Work in Hillel Dnepr as administrator. “Taglit summer 2007” graduate. Fact about myself: “I’ve got awards in swimming.” Graduated from University of Folk Medicine. “I would like to take part in this project to meet new people and to provide administrative part of this project.”


Yulia Gorbunova. Age: 24. Student of Hillel for 7 years. Taglit coordinator of Hillel more than 4 years. Graduated Jewish Young Leadership Program “Metsuda” in 2005. Fact about myself: “I love to sing and I’m a head of Hillel vocal studio.” Yulia has two higher educations (Jewelry and Journalism). “I take part in this project because I realized how great this project is during last year ASB. I believe that this project helps in development both Jewish Community and Hillel students.”

Yana Vilenskaya. Age: 20. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Activist and madrich, provide own project- “Cinema”. Graduated Jewish Young Leadership Program “Metsuda” in 2008. Fact about myself: “I am master of sport in shooting.” Study in Dnepropetrovsk University of Economics and Law (Department of Psychology). “I take part in this project to change experience with American students in area of young Jewish leadership.”


Dmitriy Kovalenko. Age: 20. Student of Hillel for 1 year. Activist. Fact about myself: “I’m crazy physicist.” Study in Dnepropetrovsk National University (Department of Biophysics). “I want to take part in this project to exchange experience with Cornell Hillel students.”


Sergey Tsypkin. Age: 23. Student of Hillel for 1 year. Activist. Fact about myself: ”I am left-handed.” “Taglit summer 2008” graduate. Study in Dnepropetrovsk National Mining University (Department of Informatics). “I take part in this project because I want to improve my English language skills.”

Anna Shnitzer. Age: 21. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Activist. Fact about myself: “I am a secretary of school rabbi”. Taglit summer 2008” graduate. Alumnus of Social and Economical College (Social management). ”I take part in this project because it is interesting to communicate with Jewish students from USA.”


Dasha Gorkovaya. Age: 21. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Activist and volunteer. Fact about myself: “I am a secretary of school for religious girls.” Alumnus of Social and Economical College (Social management). ”I take part in this project because I want to exchange volunteer experience with students from foreign culture.”

Alex Itzkovich. Age: 20. Student of Hillel for 2 years. Madrich and volunteer. Fact about myself: “I am now a participant of Jewish Young Leadership Project Metsuda and Hillel school of Leading Projects .” Study in Dnepropetrovsk University of Economics and Law (Department of Law). “I want to take part in this project because I want to improve my leadership skills.”

No comments: