Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Donetsk volunteers!

Coordinators:

Yulia Zharikova, 21 years-old. By education- BA in logic. Leader of the JFC youth club. I actively participate in Jewish community life. I graduated from the seminar Metsudah in 2007. I am addicted to Yiddish dance. I want to participate in the Cornell volunteer project because I love meeting new people; I am very interested in foreign cultures and an exchange of experiences.


Dasha Kozlova. 21 years-old. Student in her fourth year at the Donetsk National University. Coordinator of the project Do Good, Ukraine! in the Donetsk region. I passed through Metsudah: in 2008 as a participant, in 2009 as a madrichah. I adore Odessa and theme parties. I am very demanding of myself; I don’t like to do anything badly. In addition to my desire to improve my English and make new acquaintances, the Cornell mission is for me the possibility to exchange volunteer experiences, which helps me greatly in work.


Participants:

My name is Zhenia Markevich. Date of birth: 10/26/1980. I work as a blood oncologist at the Regional Tramatorium of Donetsk. I adore motorcycles and everything related to speed. My dream is to buy a sporty motorcycle and tear up the Donetsk Highway. I haven’t participated in Jewish life for a very long time, but I’m crazy about it. I like to spend time with young Jews. The volunteer project Do Good, Ukraine! Interests me and I already arranged my records in order to provide free consultations to whoever desires them. I want to participate in the Cornell mission because for me, this is a beautiful experience to meet with new people and also because I want to do something good for Hesed.


Lika Shkarupa. 7/14/1991. I am studying international economic and business management and psychology. I have been synchronized swimming for seven years; I earned the top adult rank. For four years in the community I have attended the program “Stars” and various JFC events. I want to participate in this mission because I’m interested in communicating with contemporaries from other countries. This is, after all, so cool! I hope that we have a good time and will be of use to Hesed.


Dmitry Anatolevich Neizmailov. 2/11/1985. A native of the city Artyomovsk, in 2000 I finished 9th in my class from PS No. 12. From 2000 to 2004 I studied at the Artyomovsk Industrial Technikum, specializing in “Mounting and servicing of electric equipment of industrial enterprises and civil installations.” I currently work as a lawyer. I take a great interest in light athletics, motor and yacht sports, parachuting, and bungee jumping. I am a ranked as a “sport” and “sand” yachter. I don’t drink alcohol, and I don’t smoke. I have a medium level of English.

With respect, Dmitry


Zhora Khamuza. 20 years-old. Second-year student in the biology department. I love to roller skate, and I play block-flight. I am always glad to meet new people and I try hard to maintain an active position in life – to not be indifferent to others’ problems and to the people around me. I joined the community relatively recently—it all started with Metsudah and the volunteer project “Do Good, Ukraine!” I would like to spend several days with American students because that will be not only interesting for me, but also useful for Hesed.


Name: Masha Shumyatzkaya. Age: 18 years-old. Education: second-year student at the Donetsk National Technical University, specializing in geoinformative systems and technologies. Activities: volunteer with project Do Good, Ukraine!, From Heart to Heart, activist in the Jewish community, participant in Metsudah. About myself: I am afraid to fly in an airplane, and I drink tea and coffee without sugar. I am participating in this project firstly for the pleasure of getting to know new people and also in order to improve my English.


My name is Irina Leshchinskaya. I am 26 years-old. Already as a student at the pedagogical university, I began working as an English teacher in school, which is what I will continue to do after I receive my diploma. In my free time, when not at work, I actively participate in young Jewish life. Right now I am part of Metsudah and, together with other students, am preparing a project, which will begin working already in September, 2009, as part of the JFC youth club. I am happy to participate repairing Hesed Donetsk; additionally, it will be a pleasure to interact with Jewish youth from another country. I will be very glad to help with translating, if necessary!

Respectfully,
Ira


Vitaliy Sergeyevich Lytzenko. Date of birth: October 1, 1988. City: Donetsk, Ukraine. Languages: Russian, Ukrainian, English. Family situation: I have not engaged in marriage. Education: Donetsk Polytechnical Tekhnikum (servicing computers and intelligent systems and networks), will be completed in 2007. Right now I am in a work-study program at DonNTU FVTI (Computer systems and networks). I lead an active way of life, consisting of varied youth organizations. I love extreme; for example, I bungee jump from a height of 45 meters. I want to take part in this meeting in order to meet new and interesting people.


Anna Pryadko, 19 years-old. Student at Donetsk National University in the biology department. Volunteer with project “Do Good, Ukraine!” I love music, design, and poetry. I want to participate in this project because I love to get to know interesting people.


My name is Sasha Zarakhovich, I’m 18 years-old, and I’m studying at the university to be an auditor. I really love 80s music, Elvis, the Beatles, and Abba. I consider myself a very fun guy. Regarding my place in the Jewish community, I go to synagogue on holidays, to the program Stars, and to the youth club. I wanted to participate because I love the community, I’m interested in how people from other countries live, and I want to know their interests. It’ll just be a good time.


Yana Feiganova, 6/13/1986. Education: Donetsk National University, economics department, specializing in international economics from 2003-2008. While in university, I took an additional educational course, “Teacher Organizers.” Participated in MASA’s “Preparatory Program for Young Leaders in Jewish Countries of the Former Soviet Union” in 2006. Currently a student of psychology at the Donetsk Institute SO, 2008-2010. Languages: a little Hebrew, a little French, conversational English. Activities: I volunteer with the organization “Do Good, Ukraine!” About myself: I enjoy life.  I want to participate in the Cornell mission because I’m interested in meeting new people.


Andrei Shevchenko. I’m 25. By education, I’m a programmer; in life, an entrepreneur. I take active part in Jewish community life. I love to read historical literature and I collect flags of different countries in original size. Right now I am studying English and I think this volunteer experience will prove useful to me.


Anya Yurevna Saprykina, 8/29/1988. I am a lawyer; I studied law at Donetsk National University in the Department of Economics and Law. I volunteer in various forms in the community. I want to gain additional experience conversing with people from out of the country. I am ready to participate in this project for the language practice, to more comfortably converse in English.


My name is Roma Grabezhev (July 19, 1988). I recently received my bachelor’s degree in economic sciences (specializing in international economics). I have been a regular in the community only recently, but now I do my best not to let even one interesting event in Jewish life pass me by. And at every event I conduct journalistic filming. I hope that my accomplishments and skills will be useful for the Cornell mission. Well, that’s all, I daresay. I only add that I have volunteer experience with project “Do Good, Ukraine!” and with a Ukrainian-Polish project. I am very interested in meeting with interesting students from Cornell!


Additional volunteers:

Masha Bkyndu. 22 years-old. BA in economical science. I graduated the seminar Metsudah in 2008. I write poetry. I am interested in making new acquaintances, and for them I want to better my English, since I will be volunteering together with American students.


Taya Pantyushenko. 16 years-old. Future student at the medical university. Volunteer with the project Do Good, Ukraine! I pursue fashion business. I want to take part in this project because I am looking for new impressions.


My name is Zhenia Dombrovskaya, and I’m 18 years-old. I study managing. Among my passions, I can name dancing, which I have practiced already for 14 years. I have been a part of the Jewish community since kindergarten. I went to Jewish day school, and now I frequent the program “Stars.” I want to participate in this mission because I absolutely love the interacting with people.


Ilya Anatolevich Rokun. 12/19/1987. Fifth-year student at Donetsk National University, specializing in international economics. I participate in sports (soccer, tennis, curling), and I’m wild about artistic photographs. I love hanging out with pleasant people, big groups, active relaxation, and my parents. I attend the Donetsk Jewish club. I hope to have tons of unforgettable impressions from this program, make new acquaintances, and on my end do everything I possibly can to make sure the program is completely successful.

1 comment:

Fly said...

Today business looks for new opportunities and developing countries may be a good choice. Countries like Ukraine provide perfect business opportunities, though business enviroment is not very friendly there. Donetsk is known as one of the most fast developing Ukrainian business centers, but investor needs an assistance of a local partner to solve all unexpected problems. Bank can appear to be a good partner for such issues. This is a directory of Donetsk banks known as trustable Ukrainian business institutions. If you know other ones, add them please to this directory.